Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > Tech Topics and General RV Maintenance > Plumbing and Electrical
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2024, 11:59 AM   #1
slammer55616

Wiring issue thats driving me nuts

Hi all,

First off, let me apologize for posting a problem when I'm brand new but sometimes necessity trumps protocol.

i have a 2014 Keystone sprinter Copper Canyon 252FWRS. I keep blowing fuses in the ceiling light circuit. I took the switch panel off and un-plugged the rocker switch. Put a fuse in and it didnt blow. So I figured the problem was between the fuse box and the rocker switch panel. When I was unplugging it, the unplugged wires touched something (couldve been each other, IDK) and the lights came on. So I figured the rocker switch was bad. I replaced it and it started blowing fuses again.

I am not sharp at all when it comes to electrical stuff. I've pretty much gone as far as my knowledge will take me. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? ( I should note that I reverse the bottom two wires to see if that was the problem. It wasnt.

thank you for any help!!

slammer55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 03:34 PM   #2
0rion

Sounds like a short to me and could be anywhere in the circuit but if I was looking I'd pay special attention to the light fixtures.

0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM   #3
slammer55616

Thanks everyone for the help. I found the problem in the first overhead light. Fixed it pretty easily.
slammer55616 is offline   Reply With Quote