Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2024, 10:04 PM   #1
OneReallyOldGuy

41RKDB Questions

Are there any 41RKDB owners on here? How does it pull?
Wifey and I really like the rear kitchen. My concern is the fridge, range and microwave are well rear of the axles. I wonder if they are going to get shaken to pieces back there. Plus that’s a lot of weight well behind the axles. Does it sway?
We’ve been full timing in a 39dbrs3 for 6 years. It pulls great. It barely wiggles even on the windiest days. Most times you forget it’s back there except for the occasional bumpy road, like Michigan for example.

OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 09:20 AM   #2
porthole

Don't have one and wouldn't trade my 39DBRS3 for one.

First things I noticed, at least with the early versions was the spare tire is no longer hidden up in a well and there are two sewer dumps. It was also the first DRV I saw with the flimsy trailer hitch.

I thought the cabinets were shallow and some impossible to use. And like you I would be concerned of the excessive weight that far back.
But those that have it seem to really like it.

2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 12:00 PM   #3
OneReallyOldGuy

Thanks Duane. We’re planning to go look at one next weekend and you’ve given me a couple more things to chesck out. I hang a couple of E-bikes off my hitch so I need to check that out and I was wondering why this one has 125 gray capacity. However in the photos of the water bay there is only one gray valve release. A second tank drain would be very annoying. The spare tire and cabinet depths are now on my list also.

I wish someone who owns one would chime in concerning the way it pulls.

Thanks again,
Phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:17 PM   #4
fjr vfr

I personally don't like rear kitchen layout for the reasons you're concerned about. Every trailer ever made will ride smoother towards the front and rougher towards the rear.
Will the rough be within an acceptable range? For the same reason rv bike racks are rated for the additional bounce of an rv compared to other vehicles.
It's a good thing you are asking before being sold by the sales people. They will tell you whatever you'd like to hear in order to sell.
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote