Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2024, 10:31 AM   #1
BruceinDFW

Actually, no Starlink doesn't work everywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
Yes it does Star Link works nation wide. It works so well I dumped my at home provider and just set up the system at the house when I get home.
https://www.starlink.com/
Actually, no, Starlink doesn't work everywhere. It requires a decent amount of free space (no trees) just like any other satellite service does. It definitely is a great solution if you want to booddock or are away from cell coverage, but it also has some lag in two-way traffic - like voice over IP, video conferencing, and similar. If you are just using it for standard Internet and streaming, it's fine. I think they are improving it every month - such that it will be the best solution in the near future, but I don't think it's there yet. As for home Internet, there is no way I would dump my $80 per month Gigabit fiber for Starlink - that would be just silly - 1/10 of the download (even less for upload) - and 50% more money. It all depends on your environment and needs.
BruceinDFW is offline   Reply With Quote