Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Forums Community Discussions > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2024, 01:02 PM   #1
EricW

New to 5th Wheels

Hi, My family traveled frequently for 8 years in a Class A motorhome and retired it when the kids started to become competitive athletes that took us away from always traveling together. Kids are now pretty grown and in grad school and beyond leaving just two of us and a Great Dane and mini-Dachshund traveling together. We decided on not going with another Class A because of the better amenities in a 5th wheel and for better traveling accommodations for the 196 lb Dane.

We’ve been shopping for a fifth wheel for several months and every time we get close, we find something else we like. We’ve been through this many times and know that eventually we’re just gonna have to bite the bullet. Initially, we were looking at 35 foot range, and then sold it a little more room was available at 38 feet so decided something under 40, and yes, you’ve guessed it, now we’re looking at a 41 or 42 footer.

I have one question… other than campgrounds that don’t allow big rigs is there a huge difference in towing a 38 footer or 41 footer? I bought a Ford F350 diesel, but not a dually. I have searched no in the forums, but failed miserably for an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it’s just pointing me to the correct section of the forum.

Eric
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote