Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Forums Community Discussions > General Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2024, 07:51 PM   #1
fjr vfr

Personally would not buy brand new. Let someone else deal with the warranty down time. Also the steep off the lot depreciation.
Secondly none are perfect and will meet everything you want.
Make a list of must haves and would be like to have and compare each trailer to the list.
Next NEVER pay any attention to "dry weight" numbers! They will be way lower than your actual empty trailer weight. Same applies to pin weight. It will be about 20% of the trailers gross weight not counting the hitch.
Our trailer is 30' and 10600 gross weight. I did a couple things to increase counter space. I made a table extension leaf that easily stores when traveling and also is easy to set up. It nearly doubles our table size. I also made a leaf that has a folding leg and clips to attach it to the kitchen counter. Takes down in seconds and sets up in seconds. It greatly increases our counter space.
If you're handy you can do similar things to make a somewhat smaller trailer work like a bigger one. The advantage is easier towing, parking and access to state and federal parks that have size restrictions.
Good luck. Hope you find the right one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0415.jpg (298.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0412.jpg (263.6 KB, 0 views)
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote