Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2024, 10:04 PM   #1
OneReallyOldGuy

41RKDB Questions

Are there any 41RKDB owners on here? How does it pull?
Wifey and I really like the rear kitchen. My concern is the fridge, range and microwave are well rear of the axles. I wonder if they are going to get shaken to pieces back there. Plus that’s a lot of weight well behind the axles. Does it sway?
We’ve been full timing in a 39dbrs3 for 6 years. It pulls great. It barely wiggles even on the windiest days. Most times you forget it’s back there except for the occasional bumpy road, like Michigan for example.

OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 09:20 AM   #2
porthole

Don't have one and wouldn't trade my 39DBRS3 for one.

First things I noticed, at least with the early versions was the spare tire is no longer hidden up in a well and there are two sewer dumps. It was also the first DRV I saw with the flimsy trailer hitch.

I thought the cabinets were shallow and some impossible to use. And like you I would be concerned of the excessive weight that far back.
But those that have it seem to really like it.

2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 12:00 PM   #3
OneReallyOldGuy

Thanks Duane. We’re planning to go look at one next weekend and you’ve given me a couple more things to chesck out. I hang a couple of E-bikes off my hitch so I need to check that out and I was wondering why this one has 125 gray capacity. However in the photos of the water bay there is only one gray valve release. A second tank drain would be very annoying. The spare tire and cabinet depths are now on my list also.

I wish someone who owns one would chime in concerning the way it pulls.

Thanks again,
Phil
Old 06-15-2024, 08:17 PM   #4
fjr vfr

I personally don't like rear kitchen layout for the reasons you're concerned about. Every trailer ever made will ride smoother towards the front and rougher towards the rear.
Will the rough be within an acceptable range? For the same reason rv bike racks are rated for the additional bounce of an rv compared to other vehicles.
It's a good thing you are asking before being sold by the sales people. They will tell you whatever you'd like to hear in order to sell.
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #5
dmichaelf

We bought a new 21 Vilano Rear Kitchen. Really liked the layout. The first time we took it on a 100 mile round trip the fridge fell out of the fridge bay and dumped everything in the kitchen floor. Turns out it was not secured at the factory as it should have been. Re-secured it and no problems afterwards. I did not have any noticeable swaying due to extra weight in the back but it did have a much lighter pin weight as a result of the weight in the back. I would recommend towing it with a dually.
dmichaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #6
razahoryin@att.net

Not a exact comparison
i have a older 3000RK
Towed in heavy winds with no issues
And yes i live the floor plan
Yea things way in back see more teeter totter effect..
But have mitigated it.
First time opening the fridge..
after a tow on really bad roads requires a little caution
Love the floor plan
Cheers
razahoryin@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #7
OneReallyOldGuy

We looked at a 2025 model 41RKDB last weekend and wifey is in love with the floor plan. I like it too. However I have issues with the quality of the build. From the rims to the appliances it seems cheap.
First off in response to a previous comment on my thread the hitch is the same as I have on my 2019 39DBRS3. It looks the same and is rated at 300lbs. toungue weight and 3,000lbs. towing capacity. Plenty for by electric bike.
I’m no carpenter but the cabinet doors appear to better quality and they are going with dovetail drawers for 2025. (The unit we viewed had stapled drawers)
The framing around the windows inside is lacking the trim that covers the screws taking away from the luxury look. The valences are still wood but smaller with no character. The tops look pieced together. It’s really apparent next to the bed where you easily see the top. We both liked the barn door effect of the pocket doors in the bedroom. I wonder if there is significant light leakage into the bedroom from the adjacent rooms.
The shower feels slightly smaller and the single lever water control is cheap in my opinion. The thetford macerator toilets are gone, replaced with a foot flush model that looks like any other rv toilet. Mine look more residential. The Truma on demand water heater has been replaced with a suburban unit which is a downgrade in my opinion also.
Speaking of appliances, while wifey loves the big insignia range, all the appliances, refrigerator, tv’s etc are all now insignia which is Best Buy house brand sold and serviced by Best Buy however Best Buy repairmen will not enter your rv to make repairs or replace defective units. That’s a deal breaker right there.
Outside the ladder is gone. Where will I hang my Starlink? I have never and will never climb onto my roof but someone has to get up there for inspection and maintenance. The tires are smaller and this unit has cooper tires and what apears to be painted steel rims. On the plus side there is an auto level control on the outside as well as the touch screen inside the basement.
Two more pet peeves of mine and I’ll stop this rant. Why haven’t they put friction hinges on the entry door and why does the water bay door hang down? It’s the only exterior door on the whole unit that hangs there and it looks stupid. I had them turn mine over so it matches the rest